MILWAUKEE (CBS 58) — A Milwaukee man convicted of brutally killing his 12-year-old grandson with a hammer, was sentenced to life in prison.
On May 5, Andrez Martina was found guilty on all five counts he was facing:
- First degree intentional homicide
- Physical abuse of a child, repeated acts causing death
- Neglecting a child, consequence is death
- Physical abuse of a child, intentionally cause harm
- Charged as a felon in possession of a firearm
The incident happened on Aug. 29, 2021.
Martina had accused the victim, 12-year-old Andre Smith, of stealing money. He claimed that Smith had pointed a gun at him and after Martina pulled the gun away from the child, he lost control.
Andrez Martina found guilty in grandson’s brutal death
Trial begins for man accused of brutally beating grandson to death with hammer
Funeral for Andre Smith, 12-year-old boy beaten to death, to be held Friday morning
Quoted from Various Sources
Published for: Mr Blow Up